A missing tooth can steal your self-confidence, cause your surrounding teeth to shift out of place, and significantly alter your smile’s function and appearance. By bridging the gap between one or more missing teeth, dental bridges effectively prevent your teeth from shifting, preserve your facial structure, and restore your smile’s health, beauty, and function.
A dental bridge consists of a prosthetic tooth (called a pontic) that’s made of gold, alloys, porcelain-fused-to-metal, or full-porcelain. The pontic is suspended between two or more dental crowns, which are securely anchored on the teeth that neighbor the gap. (These anchoring teeth are called abutments.) A versatile treatment for missing teeth, dental bridges can be supported by dental implants or your natural teeth.
Porcelain Bridge Benefits
- Appearance. Like porcelain veneers and crowns, pontics made of full-porcelain provide a natural-looking, aesthetically pleasing, and long-lasting tooth restoration.
- Function. Porcelain bridges can balance your bite and restore your ability to speak and chew normally.
- Structure. Porcelain dental bridges prevent remaining teeth from shifting while preserving the structure of your jaw and face. They do this by filling the gaps caused by missing teeth.
Porcelain Bridge Process
- Preparation. At your first dental bridge visit, your dentist will prepare your abutment teeth to receive a crown by removing a portion of enamel or recontouring their shape.
- Impressions. After preparing your abutment teeth, we will take accurate impressions of your teeth, which will be used to produce a porcelain bridge that aesthetically and functionally matches the rest of your mouth.
- Interim Bridge. After your impressions, we will fit you for a temporary bridge that will protect your abutment teeth while you wait for your custom porcelain bridge.
- Placement. At your second visit, we will adjust the fit of your porcelain bridge before securely cementing your bridge in place.
- Smile! Your restoration is complete!
“Always great, friendly service. Dr. Christy has been caring for our family for over 10 years and we have nothing but great things to say about him and the staff!”
• SOPHIA K.
We’re here to help. Contact Us!