If you lose part of all of a tooth through decay or trauma, your dentist may recommend a dental implant as the best way to replace the tooth and root. Implants can replace a single tooth or multiple teeth, but if you’re missing a whole mouthful of teeth, we recommend implant-supported dentures.
What Is an Implant?
A dental implant is a replacement for a tooth that has been lost or damaged beyond repair. The implant procedure replaces both the tooth and the root. Replacing the root preserves the bone, which also helps preserve your jaw structure.
A titanium post acts as a root replacement. This creates a sturdy base for the replacement tooth, which will be placed after the post has grafted well with your jawbone.
Implants have surged in popularity for many reasons. Here are a few of the advantages our patients have experienced.
- Are stronger than a bridge or dentures.
- Look perfectly natural.
- Won’t slip or shift around when you eat or talk.
- Feel secure and much more natural than bridges or dentures.
- Preserve the bone, which also helps preserve jaw structure.
- Last much longer than their dental predecessors, which means you get more value for your money.
- We’ll take a look at your situation and give you an idea of what we think needs to happen.
- We’ll refer you to one of the specialized surgeons we work closely with.
- The surgeon will do a thorough evaluation and schedule surgery.
- The titanium post implant(s) will be surgically placed in your jaw in the place of your original tooth root.
- Your titanium post will be given time to fuse with your jawbone (the time for this varies, depending on the extent of the surgery and the speed of the bone-building process but is typically four to six months).
- After the surgeon assesses and the implant has integrated with the bone, we are able to place the abutment and crown to restore the implant.
- Upkeep is minimal, much like keeping up with your regular natural teeth—brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash.
We will work closely with you and your surgeon to make sure you get the results you are looking for. And after your implants are complete, we will continue to work with you on maintaining them.
“Everyone at this office makes me feel special & eager to help in any way possible. I left with my problem resolved.”
• JENNIFER A.
We’re here to help. Contact Us!